Facebook can be overwhelming, and confusing in where it puts settings for pages. Below are the most common settings changes you’ll need to make. If this isn’t what you’re looking for, shoot me a note and I’ll add the instructions.
Change Templates, Add & Remove Tabs
- Head to your Facebook fan page.
- Click on Settings.
- Click Edit Page (on the left sidebar).
- Make changes and click save.
Change Page Type, Add Vanity URL*
If you need to change the type or classification of page you have, for any reason, this can be handled from the front-side of your page.
- Click on About. You might need to click on the more arrow on the left side of your page.
- Edit whatever you need to.
- Don’t forget to save.
*In most cases, you must have at least 25 likes to add a vanity URL, unless you pick Artist/Band/Public Figure or Cause/Community when you start your page. You can’t go back and fix the page type and claim your vanity URL.